Intellectual Abilities are those that depend on knowledge, wisdom, and reasoning.
- Animals (Intelligence, Knowledge, Specialization)
- The knowledge related to animals.
- The ability to train and raise animals.
- Appraisal (Intelligence, Knowledge)
- The ability to evaluate the value of items, and the authenticity of artwork.
- Herbal Lore (Intelligence, Knowledge)
- The knowledge of plants and herbs, and their application as food or antidotes.
- History (Intelligence, Knowledge, Specialization)
- The knowledge of current and past history.
- The knowledge of heraldry, insignias and politics.
- The knowledge of legends and myths.
- Magical Appraisal (Power, Knowledge, Passive)
- The ability to judge and evaluate magical forces, and detect magic in objects, areas, and beings.
- Only characters with the Gift (see Advantages) can develop this Ability.
- Medicine (Intelligence, Knowledge)
- The knowledge of human anatomy.
- The ability to diagnose illness or injuries, and to prescribe treatment.
- To treat a disease, the target number is triple the level of the Disease. If successful, the patient may immediately make a new Resistance check against the disease with a bonus equal to the amount you beat the target number with.
- The ability to treat wounds.
- The healer needs appropriate materials or suffer a -40 penalty to his check.
- The healer needs to make the check within a few hours after the wounds were made.
- The healer may apply this Ability to himself, but with a -20 penalty to his check.
- The healer may stabilize dying creatures, putting their Life Points to 0. Such checks may be done once per hour.
- To stop a being from Bleeding Out (see Between Life and Death), an Easy Medicine check must be made, but the check receives a -10 penalty per 5 Life Points lost to bleeding.
|120||+10% of Damage|
|160||+ 20% Damage|
|200||+ 30% Damage|
|240||+ 40% Damage|
|280||+ 50% Damage|
|320||+ 60% Damage|
- Memorize (Intelligence)
- The ability to retain information, memorize facts and faces.
- Navigation (Intelligence, Knowledge)
- The ability to navigate any type of boat or ship and to avoid accidents.
- The ability to read maritime maps.
- Occult (Intelligence, Knowledge, Specialization)
- The knowledge of the supernatural fields.
- At DM's discretion, the knowledge of Supernatural Creatures.
- Science (Intelligence, Knowledge, Specialization)
- The knowledge of a field of study.